Renaissance Learning is an education technology startup, renaissance place log in screen owned by the British firm Permira, which is responsible for developing educational tools for the web, such as reading and assessment. The company says that nearly 20 million students and teachers use their tools.
The e-learning has been adopted and implemented in all parts of the world, both primary and secondary. So says the study E-learning Market Trends & Forecast 2014-2016 Report of Docebo, published in March 2014. According to the report explains, the countries that invested in e-learning in school education were Americans, followed by European and emerging Asian nations.
e-learning since the early days of online training, the age group most benefited were the younger students (under 18 years). In the US case, once the crisis of 2009 is complete, the e-learning exponentially increased its presence in education, adapting to the needs of each study center.
Renaissance place log in screen
- Click the following link to access
- You must enter your login details student or teacher
Distance or e-learning education has gained much importance currently to be an excellent choice for those who for various reasons, such as geographical location, lack of time or mobility limitations, find it difficult to go to some place where to learn.
Having trouble logging in to Renaissance?
If you have your correct unique website address and are experiencing difficulty logging in, check out this help article.
Parents! Are you looking for Renaissance Home Connect, to see your child’s progress or to help them practice at home? Please contact your child’s teacher or school directly for Home Connect login information.
Why was consolidated e-learning in education?
This phenomenon has possible explanations: first, the costs of distance education are considerably lower than those generated by classroom training. Although there is a substantial initial investment to acquire the devices, the cost benefit is usually much higher.
Second, the rise of tablets and smartphones among young people. Currently in the United States is common for teens to use gadgets and mobile applications in the classroom, so that instead of banning its use, schools decided to take advantage of this trend and take advantage of technology in learning.
The technologies offer opportunities if institutions can not provide. Through e-learning, students can learn and play at the same time learn in a fun way. In addition, technology is a great way to foster leadership, adaptation and racing thoughts, skills that today are key to the labor market and new professionals must master.
Largely, these commercial prospects are based on the increasing adoption of e-learning solutions by large companies when planning your corporate training programs.
Currently, companies are in virtual education the ideal solution for your employees generate new skills and achieve measurable progress in their careers opportunity.
Asked about the distribution present demand e-learning in the short and medium term in the US market, the Program Director Learning Services Research at IDC, Michael Brennan, warned that “about 85% of virtual training will be paid by the company and only 15% by individuals “.
E-learning (Electronic Learning anglicism simplification) may be defined as the process of teaching that takes place or is developed on the internet and through the use of electronic media. Also is called among other meanings training online, virtual learning, e-learning or e-learning. In this sense must make an important distinction between what is meant by e-learning (knowledge is acquired via the internet) and b-learning or blended learning (knowledge is acquired by combining classroom learning and distance learning). In this article I will focus exclusively on e-learning and what are the multiple advantages offered a teaching exclusively in terms of network. I’d also like to make it clear that should not be confused with e-learning distance education.
Advantages of e-learning or e-learning.
- saving. E-learning involves a reduction of expenses very significant if compared with face-to-face learning. In this type of online learning are saved expenses of transfer, accommodation, teaching material, diets, tuition, etc.
- speed and agility. E-learning part with the enormous advantage of being a learning dominated the immediacy in obtaining the information needed for any type of learning. The information is obtained at the time and quickly and easily accessible.
- just-in-time access. The training through e-learning is conducted at the time that is needed. You are basically controlled the tempo of your online training.
- access just-for-me. In addition to perform learning when that is desired, the e-learning allows you a type of teaching or learning much more individualized and personalized according to your both pedagogical and technological features.
- flexible hours. Another clear advantage of e-learning as opposed to face-to-face learning is that she is you that you can manage your own learning pace. And you can do it anytime, anywhere, provided you enjoy an internet connection and an electronic device. With e-learning is achieved to break the always difficult temporary barrier.
- electronic material. E-learning is replaced in paper format by electronic format. It is mainly a footage as, for example, video tutorials or presentations.
- space barrier. With the e-learning space barriers disappear, since it is possible to make any kind of training in line regardless the location. It is what is meant by offshoring space.
- update. In the e-learning content are the line, i.e., have the advantage of being housed in spaces where you can review and update constantly. And the advantage of this update is that it is not a one-way upgrade, but that they be carried out by both teachers as students.
- multi-devices. E-learning allows learning of any type of teaching from a wide range of devices. With e-learning, it is possible to access any training from a smartphone, a tablet or a computer.
- conciliation. Being a type of widespread education, e-learning enables something that in my view seems to me fundamental in today’s society: the conciliation between family life and working life. E-learning makes it possible to that learning and family life are compatible, precisely because it allows the flexible hours that alluded to before.
- tutoring. The authorization is a fundamental aspect of e-learning. The fact that students may not have a direct contact with the teacher who teaches one and finished teaching, is not impediment to make monitoring of the progression of students through the tutoring. There are several ways by which a student can have a fluid contact with the teacher through e-mail or videoconference, to cite two examples.
- self-learning. The existence of the tutoring does not, on the other hand, that any person can learn of self-taught education through e-learning. The proliferation of tutorials or Videotutorial thus makes it possible.
- collaborative learning. Although e-learning learning is primarily individual, this does not preclude that certain types of teaching focuses on what is known as collaborative learning. It’s a virtual learning, but which through a particular platform different people can perform activities, debates, rains of ideas to put in common. A clear example of collaborative platform would be the hangouts of Google.
- virtual platform. In addition to an internet connection and an electronic device, in e-learning is usually common the use of some sort of platform which concentrates all the information related to teaching. In education, one of the most consolidated platforms is the Moodle platform.
- information management. The management of information through e-learning is clearly different from which is handled in a classroom. In the e-learning students part with a large volume of information that has free access.
- degree. More and more are made through e-learning lessons having a degree accredited like any classroom training. This aspect has undoubtedly made that many people have opted to be this type of e-learning.
- Feedback or feedback. E-learning also highlights very positively by the enormous feedback which is capable of generating to be separated and not depend on a temporary space defined. In this sense, social networks have been key.
- digital competence. In the e-learning digital competence is key to the performance of any type of teaching. This fact has meant that people who wanted to become online have had to acquire some knowledge and capabilities of the tools of this type of learning. In turn, these skills are associated with dimensions as the access to information and the adaptation to virtual environments.
- the activity log. This is another key aspect in e-learning. Thanks to learning across different platforms, all activity that takes place is registered to control the learning that is taking place on both sides.
- unlimited registration. Perhaps it is an exaggeration to speak of the possibility of an unlimited registration via e-learning, but yes there is to emphasize that much of the training offer is more flexible in terms of the number of people who have access to the same training or education, something that face-to-face learning is yes a clear constraint.
After these twenty reasons I think that you clearly the enormous potential of e-learning. Even so, e-learning does not come to replace the traditional classroom training, they both can perfectly live according to the needs of each one. I will not deny that in e-learning there are also certain disadvantages such as lack of preparation of teachers, as well as specific material, technological dependence (internet access, device and platform), the loneliness of learning, etc. But I think that the advantages outweigh disadvantages in this case.