Un inspira log in The United Nations Careers Portal home page un inspira login (herewith referred to as the ‘Careers Portal’) offers a compendium of published job openings and a variety of useful information on pursuing career opportunities with the United Nations Secretariat.
The Careers Portal provides information about what the United Nations does, where it operates and the organizational structure; career paths, career options and the recruitment process, as well as a showcase of United Nations staff members providing an insight to their experience working at the United Nations un inspira sign in.
Register as an external applicant Please note that un inspira log in:
- UN Secretariat staff members, including field staff members, should not register: inspira un careers to find out your internal user account access codes, kindly refer to chapter 1.2.1 of the Instructional Manual for the Applicant.
- UN Volunteers, associate experts, consultants, individual contractors, military/police personnel and interns are invited to register as external applicants using the steps below.
- If you have already registered but do not remember your User ID or your password, click on the “Forgot your password?” link located on the login page and follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure your spam filter allows emails sent from the un.org domain. If the email address provided during registration is incorrect, you will need to register again.
- For Galaxy users, kindly note that you cannot use your Galaxy access codes to log into inspira.
Careers Portal Menu Options The following options are available through the Careers Portal menu:
- Home – returns you to the Careers Portal home page.
- FR – Click on FR to display the contents on the Careers Portal in French, when selected the option changes to EN – English.
- Login – this is used by Non-Staff Members only to register and create a login account. • UN.org – redirects you to the United Nations website.
- Contact us – allows you to contact the inspira help desk for assistance
Sections of the Careers Portal The Careers Portal is comprised of four
Section 1: Meet our Global Workforce
Provides a showcase of United Nations staff members providing an insight to their experience at the United Nations.
- Section 2: Why, What and How?
Provides information about what the United Nations does, career options, search for job openings.
- Section 3: Search Job Openings
Provides an area where you can enter specific criteria about the position you are seeking.
- Section 4: Stay connected
You can follow the latest news from the United Nations on any one of the following Social Networks:
Galaxy and inspira are two different systems so you cannot log into inspira with Galaxy access codes, or vice-versa. Information cannot be transferred from one system to another. However, with respect to employment history, a tip is to copy and paste from Galaxy directly into the fields in inspira. You may also want to save your Galaxy Personal History Profile (PHP) into a Word document for easy reference.
Register and Login to inspira
If you are just searching to see what job openings are available, you do not have to login or register to perform a job search. However, if you want to create a job alert, complete a draft application or submit a completed application to a position of interest then login or registration is required.
- The path you take to login or register depends on whether you are a staff member or non-staff member.
- Staff members have been provided with a login User ID and password while non-staff
members must first register.
Staff Members Login
As a staff member, you are not required to register since you should have been provided with a login user name and temporary password. The login user ID and temporary passwords that were originally assigned to staff members were as
- User ID:
(This is a temporary password and must be changed.)
Staff members can log into inspira through iseek or the Careers Portal (careers.un.org).
Non-Staff Members Registration and Login
An applicant who is not a staff member needs to register and create a login account in order to apply
for a job opening online. A non- staff member can start his/her job search and/or application process
through the Internet via the United Nations Careers Portal http://careers.un.org/.
Non-Staff Members Login
If you are a returning user and have already created an account, it is not necessary to go through the
registration process. To login to inspira perform the following steps:
1. From the Careers Portal page, click on the Login link located on the menu. The inspira Login
Forgot your User ID or Password?
If you have forgotten your User ID or Password, they can be retrieved by clicking on the Forgot your password? link on the inspira Login page.
Where can I find access codes to log into inspira?
If you are NOT a United Nations Secretariat staff member, please refer to section 1.2 in the Applicant’s Manual and then click on the “Register now” link on the inspira login page to create your external user account.
Note: Internet Explorer and Firefox are the recommended browser to access inspira: https://inspira.un.org
If you are a United Nations Secretariat staff member (including field staff members), please refer to section 1.2 in the Applicant’s Manual to learn more about your internal user account or contact the inspira Focal Point in your HR Department.
How can I retrieve my User ID/password?
If you already have an inspira account, you can retrieve your User ID or get a new password by clicking on the relevant link – “Forgot User ID” or “Forgot Password” – on the inspira login page. After clicking on the relevant link, simply follow the instructions on your screen.
If you have forgotten both your inspira User ID and your password, use the “Forgot User ID” link to retrieve your User ID and then, only after receiving your inspira User ID, use the “Forgot Password” link to get a new password. Make sure you check the spam/junk folder of your email account. Complete guide please check