Virginia beach public schools calendar 2014-15

Virginia beach public school calendar 2014-?15 VA Beach City Public Schools Virginia’s VA Beach City Public Schools contains 11 high schools. The district contains one school that received a gold, silver or bronze medal in the U.S. News Best High Schools rankings.


How to register your children in school
The majority of public schools in the United States are mixed. This means that children and and girls study together. There are compulsory school attendance laws in the United States. That is why, in most States, State law requires that all children and between the ages of 5 and 16 years to attend school. Call the Department of education in your State to find out the ages among which is obligatory that children and go to school.


Children may attend public or private school. In most States, you also can educate their children at home. This practice is known in English under the name of home schooling. Attendance at public schools is free and there is no religious instruction in them. The State decides what their children will learn in public schools.


However, teachers, mothers and fathers of the community decide how the subjects will be taught. Your federal and state income taxes, and their property taxes finance the operation of the schools.


va beach public schools calendar 2014-?15 Students must pay tuition to attend private schools. Religious groups administer many of these schools. Some are mixed. Others are only for children and or girls. Some offer financial aid to students without resources to pay tuition.

Virginia beach public schools calendar 2014-15

Virginia beach public schools calendar 2014-15 in PDF virginia beach public school calendar 2014-15.pdf [40.64 Kb] (Downloads: 32)


Most of the children and attend school for 12 years. Children will be admitted to a grade depending on their age and level of education they possess. It is possible that the school asks students to submit a review to decide the degree where he must study.


Source: “U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Office of Citizenship, Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants, Washington, D.C., 2005”.




  • I work in USA elementary school – Kindergarten and 1st to 5th grade – children 5-10 years
  • Work in USA school intermediate – 6th to 8th grade – children aged between 11 and 13 years of age
  • Work in the USA high school – 9th to 12th grade – young people between 14 and 18 years of age
  • Work in USA higher education institutions public or private schools of higher education in 2 or 4 years, universities, technical schools that can assist all adults.

One of the first things you should do is enroll their children in a school.


These are some of the questions frequently asked by parents and mothers in relation to public schools:


Q: how long is the school year?

A: the school year usually begins in August or September and ends in may or June. In some places, children and attend classes throughout the year. The children and go to school from Monday to Friday. Some schools offer programs before or after regular school hours for children and working parents. It is possible that you have to pay a fee for these programs.


Q: where can I register my child?

A: call the main office of your local school district, or visit it to find out what school their children should attend. The ages of your children and your address please inform school staff.


Q: what documents do I need to complete the registration of my children?

A: need the medical history of each son or daughter and records that has received the immunizations to protect against certain diseases.You may need to also check who lives in the community where the school is located. If you have lost these documents, information on how to obtain new documents ask the staff of the school. To avoid delays, do so before you start the registration process.


Q: what if my children don’t speak English?

A: the school has the responsibility to evaluate them and place them in a suitable program. Schools receive State and federal funding for programs and services for English as a second language (English as a Second Language-ESL) and for bilingual education. You can call the school to ask for information on the assessment tests, placement and services offered. Even if their children do not speak English, must learn the academic subjects of their degree. This is made possible through the program ESL / bilingual education.


Q: what if my child has a disability?

A: the students with a physical or mental disability can receive public education free, like children without disabilities. If possible, put these children and in a classroom set. If the disability is severe, it is possible to receive special education services outside of the regular classroom.


Q: my children did not attend school before coming to the United States. How long may attend a public school free?

A: in most States, children may attend school free until they are 21 years of age. If they have not graduated high school to reach this age, they can then enroll in adult education classes in order to obtain a certificate of General educational development (General Educational Development – GED) rather than a high school diploma. Call your local school district office or the Department of education in your State to find out where we offer classes for the GED certificate.


Q: how will my children go to school?

A: in the United States, some children and can reach the school walk. If the school is too far away, van enautobus. Public schools have buses that provide free services. Buses pick up students and leave them at a stop for a school bus near his home. To find out if your son or daughter can take ofbus, contact your local school system. If you have a car, you can also organize a system of rideshare (car pool) and take turns with other families in your area to bring the children and the school.


Q: what will my children at school eat?

A: the child and can bring their lunch to school or buy it in the school cafeteria. The Government of the United States also offers breakfast and lunch nutritional, free or at a low price, children and no resources to buy their food at school. Call the school or visit it to find out if it participates in the federal program of school meals (School Meals). Talk to staff the school to find out if their children are eligible to participate in this program.

Q: who pays for textbooks and school activities?

A: public schools usually provide free books. Students must normally buy their own school supplies, such as paper and pencil. If you can not buy tools that children need, contact the school. In some schools a small fee is charged for supplies or for special events, such as trips. Many schools offer sports and music programs after school. It is possible that you must pay a fee to involve their children in some of these programs.


Q: what will my child learn?

A: each State sets its own academic standards for schools. These standards define what all students should know and be able to do. Local school districts decide how the subjects will be taught. In the majority of schools are taught English, mathematics, social sciences, Sciences and physical education. Sometimes art, music and foreign language classes are also offered.


Q: how evaluate the school performance of my children?

A: teachers assigned ratings according to the work carried out by each student during the school year. The ratings are usually based on tasks, tests, attendance and behavior in class. You will receive a newsletter of qualifications (report card) several times a year. This newsletter will indicate the progress of your son or daughter in each subject. Schools have different ways of evaluating students. Some dan grades using letters, in which a A or A + means excellence and a D or F deficiency or failure. Other schools give ratings using numbers. Others summarized the performance with words such as “excellent”, “satisfactory” or “needs to improve”. Ask the staff of the school which method used to evaluate the school student work.


Q: How do I talk to my kids teachers?

A: the majority of the schools scheduled regular session so the parents to meet with teachers. You can also request appointments to speak with teachers or administrators of the school and find out how’re going you to your son or daughter. If non-English speaking, ask if someone at the school speak your language and can serve as a performer.


Q: what if my children do not attend school?

A: attending school is very important. If a boy or a girl to school, his father or mother must send a letter to the teacher or call the school to explain the absence. Report to the teacher or the teacher in advance if you know it’s going happen an absence. Students usually must complete schoolwork which stopped during an absence.

Q: what if my child has behavior problems?

A: many schools have a list of rules which students must obey. These rules form its code of conduct. Ask for information about the code at the school of your child. Students who violate the rules of the school may receive as punishment a “detention” in the school after regular school hours. It is also possible that banning them participate in sports or other school activities. Corporal punishment is not permitted in the majority of schools in the United States.


Children and may be suspended or expelled from school if their behavior is very bad and they often violate the rules of the school. If your child receives a punishment of expulsion, may not attend school. You should meet with the school staff to find out what will be necessary so that he or she can return to school.


Q: what level of safety are students in school?

A: the majority of public schools in the United States are safe places. But some schools-mainly secondary schools – have violence, gangs or drug and alcohol problems. If you are concerned about the security level of your son or daughter in the school, communicate with your teacher or counselor, or a member of the school administration.


Rate this post