Unemployment insurance benefits provide temporary financial assistance to unemployed workers for reasons beyond its control which comply with the eligibility requirements from North Carolina.
To qualify for this benefit program, you must have worked in North Carolina during the past 12-18 months and have earned at least one minimum amount of wages as it is determined by our guidelines. You should also be able to work and be available to work every week that you are receiving benefits.
To establish your unemployment insurance claim, please visit the online service of registration of work and insurance claim of the Security Commission (ESC, for its acronym in English) employment:
If you have any questions, please call to the:
Or, if you are located in North Carolina, contact a local auditor of taxes through the nearest labour services office (in English):
For more information, please visit our Web site at (in English):
¿How File weekly certification north carolina unemployment?
I already applied for unemployment insurance. How do I file weekly claim?
Instructions for file weekly certification
Online file weekly certification north carolina
- Collect the information needed to file your weekly certification, including information on income that you’ve obtained during the week.
- Go to the web site of the Commission of security of employment of the North Carolina. Click on “Personal services”, and then “Presents your weekly certification”.
- Please enter your user ID, which is your same number SSN and PIN to log on weekly certification system. You’ve received a PIN to file your initial claim.
- Follow the instructions to record the information required to file your weekly certification.
By phone file weekly certification north carolina
- Collect the information needed to file your weekly certification, including your Social Security number and information on all and each of the income that you earned during the week.
- Call the line of work of the Commission of security of employment of the North Carolina at 1-888-372-3453. If your Social Security number ends in an odd number, present your weekly certification by phone Monday and Wednesday to Saturday. If your Social Security number ends in an odd number, present your weekly certification by phone from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Follow the instructions to submit the information required to file your weekly certification.